1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BSOD Page fault in Nonpaged area?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ingydrummer, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ingydrummer

ingydrummer Thread Starter

My Dell Inspiron 8600 just gave me this error message. I have never had a problem with this laptop before. I can boot into safe mode but thats it. Any quick fixes? Thanks for reading. I forgot to mention it also says, The problem seems to be caused by the following file PartMgr.sys

2. AtlBo

AtlBo

Do you have an installation disk for your OS? If so, you can run the Windows Repair feature, which will not delete any of your files or settings...only Windows Updates in XP. This repair feature will repair any damaged Windows files. If you can post your OS, a link to help with the installation will be easy to provide...

Here is an excerpt from a post on another site I found about your particular issue...

"This is caused by the virtual memory page file being set at zero. Also some people say having external drives and a new device installed can also cause this problem. If you increase the voltage to your ram then this sometimes can also trigger a new response. Heres a little more info from a forum I've looked at, some of which may or not be useful. Hope this helps.

Partmgr.sys controls the Page File, which, if the PF's become corrupted, will prevent Windows from working (even loading in some cases)."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice