1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: bsod -- WDM DRIVER ERROR 224

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lamptable, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lamptable

lamptable Thread Starter

Hi everyone,hope this is in the right place.I keep getting a blue screen usually when I shut down and it contains this message.WDM DRIVER ERROR 224.I purchased REGCURE as every site I went to said it would fix this error of course it did NOT My computor guy can,t help me as he said he has never seen this error before even though he has just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows and a few other things which cost over #300.00 about a week ago. After getting this message and restarting a box from microsoft tells me the system has recovered from a fatal error
    any help much appreciated, thanks

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Hmm...

Next time this error comes up, take notes of all error codes, including any drivers or programs associated with the error.

3. lamptable

lamptable Thread Starter

Thanks Techkid for your reply to my post.Here is the full message I get with this error and it happens every time I shut down or restart the computor so I have to turn it off manually
    IO SYSTEM VERIFICATION ERROR [WMD DRIVER ERROR] [GMFILTER.SYS+2f6 at F7AQ52F6]
    Thanks again

4. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    I can't say that I know the reason for this error myself. It might take a while for someone to come along with a solution.

PS I would contact one of the moderators to change the name of the thread to something more descriptive. Just use the 'Report' button at the bottom of the thread.

5. lamptable

lamptable Thread Starter

Thanks Techkid have done that

6. nessyguin

nessyguin

Are there any problem devices showing in Device Manager ( Right-click My Computer/Properties/Hardware/Device Manager) ?

7. valis

valis Moderator

lamptable:

Let me know if that works for you.

thanks,

v

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Never use RegCure or any product like it. It breaks more than it fixes.

9. ~Candy~

10. lamptable

lamptable Thread Starter

Thanks nessyquin but no problem devices showing in device manager

11. Pareto Rep

Pareto Rep

Hello Lamptable

We regret to hear of the difficulty that you are experiencing with your computer.

The problem you are experiencing needs to be looked at in greater detail. We are going to ask that you send us an email with the RegCure log files attached. Our email address is [email protected] Please let them know that Laura has asked that you send in the log files for analysis.

Please navigate to the location where RegCure is installed and open the 'Logs' folder in the RegCure program files.

C:\Program Files\RegCure\Logs\

If you are having trouble locating the 'Logs' folder please follow these steps:

1) Locate the RegCure icon on your Desktop or in the Start Menu.
    2) Please right-Click the RegCure icon and select 'Properties' in the menu that appears.
    3) Now under the 'Shortcut' tab please click on the 'Find Target…' button to open the folder containing the RegCure program files and the 'Logs' folder.
    4) The "Logs" folder will include a number of files that are in ZIP format and named to correspond with the date of each scan (Ex: Regcure-18-06-07-09-57-57.zip).
    5) Please attach the zipped RegCure log file to an email, once the log file is attached please send it to us.

Could you also please send us a screen capture of any error message that you are receiving?

Here is how to do it:

1. Press the "PrtScn" key on your keyboard (it should be just next to the F12 key).
    ** After pressing the "PrtScn" key you will not receive a prompt or notification that anything has occurred.
    2. Then open Microsoft Word, or Paint (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint)
    3. Click the Edit menu and choose Paste.
    4. Save the document and email it to us please.

May we also ask you to answer a few questions, so that we may assist you with resolving the issue?

Which Windows Operating System are you currently using?

Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Operating System?

Do you have all the current windows updates installed?

Are you running active and up to date Anti-Spyware and Anti-Virus programs?

Are you using remote access?

Have you made any serious hardware changes to your computer?

Do you have a router on your computer for either a firewall or allowing multiple computers to the internet?

If so do you have a wireless or wired router?

Are you using high speed or dial up internet?

Is your computer a desktop or laptop computer?

These files will help to give us a better view of your computer and may help our technical team to determine the cause of the problem you are currently experiencing.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards
    Laura
    Paretologic Liaison

12. lamptable

lamptable Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for your assistance WMD DRIVER ERROR 224 was a corrupted Genius Mouse Driver problem solved
    lamptable

13. ~Candy~

(y) Thanks for the follow up.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice