Solved: BSOD with any windows version

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moller

this is the specs of my pc,
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 51207 MB, Free - 20307 MB; D: Total - 30404 MB, Free - 9350 MB; E: Total - 64605 MB, Free - 1165 MB; F: Total - 70001 MB, Free - 1342 MB; G: Total - 70001 MB, Free - 1462 MB; H: Total - 70229 MB, Free - 942 MB; I: Total - 102406 MB, Free - 5854 MB; J: Total - 151629 MB, Free - 6064 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G31M-S2L
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

the problem is the BSoD that appears at every start of the windows
for many reasons some time its klif.sys, or ntfs.sys or somtimes nvlddmkm.sys
and take in cosideration also that my HDDs have bad sector but i clean it every time i install a new windows.Also i've had a tv card that was incombatible with my motherboard and when i removed it, the problem disappeared. But it appeared again recently.
i tried many versions of windows, i have the latest drivers, updated my bios, and dont know what to do any more.
i have attached the minidump file.

Attachments

You are not going to have much success running the system with a hard drive that has bad sectors as the drive is clearly worn out. Bad sectors are caused by a worn out disc surface and there is nothing you can do to repair it, the drive needs to be replaced.

You should also run the following test on your memory as this can contribute to the errors you are receiving.

Preliminary checks
You should first check the model of RAM stick that you have on the manufacturers site for the recommended voltage setting and then make sure it is set correctly in the PC's Bios. An incorrect voltage setting may be the reason for your problems so test the PC's performance again if the voltage was incorrect.
Errors can also be caused by dirty contacts, mismatched sticks or using them in the wrong slots. Check all sticks are the same make and specification, check the motherboard manual for the correct slots to use. Remove all the sticks and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser and blow out the slots with a can of compressed air.
Download Memtest86+ from here
When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD.
In windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. ImgBurn
Install the program and start the application. Select the top left hand option to burn image file to disk and then on the next window click on the small yellow folder icon and browse to the ISO file you have downloaded. Then click on the two grey discs with the arrow in between (bottom left) and leave it to complete the operation.
Testing
Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos. Leave the test to run through at least 8 cycles or until it is showing some errors. If errors show in the test, remove all but one of your RAM sticks and repeat the test on each stick until you find the one that is faulty. This is a long slow test and should ideally be run overnight.
The memtest will not be 100% accurate but should easily detect any major faults.
IMPORTANT
Always disconnect your PC from the mains supply when removing Ram sticks and earth your hands to discharge any static electricity to avoid damage to sensitive components. If performing this test on a laptop PC you should also remove the battery before removing or replacing the RAM sticks.

moller

thanks for replying guys, i will buy a new HDD, try memtest86+ and see if my ram needs replacing too, and i'll come back later with the good news

moller

i tried Memtest86+, i found one of the rams has error and i will replce it.
Thanx again .

Test the drive again after you fix RAM. All tests can give false results if RAM is bad, including drive tests.

Good luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online