Solved: BSOD's while on internet and dvd access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OldTinker

Hello everyone,
I just signed on as a new member of this forum and have seen great support. I have re-installed my winXP twice now and have been getting BSOD's. They are usually the Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or-Equal or a kernel issue. I have updated all of my video and sound drivers, checked my memory for issues, PS is good. I have attached my mini dumps so you can see what I am seeing. I also have a BSOD viewer installed if that will help you.

Attachments

OldTinker

Can anyone please take a look at my dump files? Sorry to keep posting, but I do not want this thread to fall off the way side.

OldTinker

OldTinker

I did an 8 hr memtest on both sticks of memory. No faults there. I have also re-installed my Nvidia drivers. Have not seen BSOD's on those since then. Have not tried to re-install AVG anti-virus yet. Thanks for the USB info. I'll try that one too later today.

OldTink

OldTinker

OK, re-installed AVG. I had originally installed the trial version not the free version. I have now installed the free version of AVG. I had a BSOD last night while on Youtube. I was watching a game trailer and then it cut to blue screen with some looping sound from the trailer still going on. I'm not at home to upload the error right now. Will do so later. I was going to re-install my drivers again for the video card, but driver sweeper would not run do to a net4.0 issue. Have to find out what that is tonight also.

OldTink

OldTinker

Oh well...It seems that my video card is the main issue here. Kept trying to test direct 3d and it kept Bsod. When I installed my old card I still had, no issues arose. Tested it a few times and there are no problems. At least I can still use the computer now. Time to locate a new video card.

Thanks for you help,
OldTink

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online