1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BT Netprotect Plus Issue

Discussion in 'General Security' started by McMonnell, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McMonnell

McMonnell Thread Starter

I've been having an issue which I believe to be related to the above antivirus software.
    My OS is currently Windows 7 64-bit.

The main issue is that I'm now unable to load some programs (e.g. Chrome, Guild Wars 2). The programs effected by this issue will either open but load forever or (mainly with online games) will remain in the updater at 0kbs. I'm unable access my antivirus software. In the event it does load it will only display a white box with no options, the same thing also occurs when I try to uninstall the program.

I have tried a system restore with and without safe mode activated as recommended by a few sites but I get an error message every time which reads:

"System Restore did not complete successfully, Your computer's files and settings were not changed.
    Details;
    System Restore could not access a file. This is probably because an anti-virus program is running on the computer . Temporally disable your antivirus program and retry System Restore.
    An unspecified error occurred during System Restore, (0x80070005)"

Please let me know if you have any solutions or if you require any more information.

Cheers!

2. McMonnell

McMonnell Thread Starter

Issue resolved, I used a separate uninstaller to remove the antivirus software. Thanks anyway!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice