1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Bubblestate.com?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by jwv13, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jwv13

jwv13 Thread Starter

Hey guys,
    anyone ever heard of bubblestate.com and if so what is it? My girlfriend was told her default picture from myspace was posted there so she went to the site to check it out; from what I understand that is the trick (to get you to their site and then they phish for personal info). Am I wrong? I have WOT on her computer and bubblestate.com was rated green (or good). If this is a bad phishing site then what would she have to do to protect herself or is it too late? Anyone?:eek:

2. texastoy4her

texastoy4her

I don't know anything about the site and not sure how to go about checking to see if it's a legit site or not. But do know the best way to avoid getting "phised" is to now input any personal info on sites you're not sure of. If she didn't "log in" to anything on the site or give any info then she should be fine.

3. jwv13

jwv13 Thread Starter

bump

4. hewee

hewee

Never hear of the site but I tried going there and it took me to friends-to-friends-only.com and I got NoScript and it listed...
    rotating-destination.com
    If I go to this site you get a blank page that says...
    "Please note that MySpace users are not authorized to participate on this "prank a friend" website."

I think it's a bad site I tried getting in but it wants name etc and email and password. Plus the pop up etc it just seems like a bad place to go to.

5. jwv13

jwv13 Thread Starter

appreciate your effort, I think they are luring myspace game players to the site and then getting their info; the guy who started myspace wrote my girl and told her she was a victim and suspended her account (straightened it out some how later) but it seems pretty crappy to me too; thanks again guys!

6. hewee

hewee

If myspace said she was a victim then why did they suspended her account?

7. jwv13

jwv13 Thread Starter

They actually just blocked it temporarily for her own safety and to prevent spreading whoever is doing it. It's good to her from you hewee, I haven't been around for awhile but you used to help me quite a bit last year.

8. hewee

hewee

Good to see you again. Guess all has been OK up till now or you would of been here. :)
    Good then if they did what they did to protect her.
    I myself stay away from sites like myspace because to many things happen at them as you know found out.

9. Woodham

Woodham

It steals your info.
    Don't go to it.
    You go to it.
    Bang.
    They have your info.
    Happened to me.
    TWICE.

-girl from yahoo answers (sigh i wonder about those people on yahoo answers sometimes, i guess the saying is true, fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, i probably shouldnt be handling this computer.)

10. jwv13

jwv13 Thread Starter

thanks!

11. Breezy90_

Breezy90_

Bubblestate.com would send you to a site called friends-to-friends-only.com. It is now hitting people through the website address scourceality.com. Still going through MySpace users. Beware! Someone emailed my son and told him his picture was peppered throughout this website so he went to see who put it there since he didn't give anyone permission to use his photo.

12. jwv13

jwv13 Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. Yea, that's exactly what happened to my girlfriend; I think it's a lure to get you to log in, if you don't log in no harm. At least that's what Ive come up with so far. Thanks again.

13. cnystrom

cnystrom

Looks like the web site they are using is friends-to-friends-only.com. Looks like a social networking virus.

14. hewee

hewee

Yea I posted that it took me to "friends-to-friends-only.com" site.

15. new tech guy

new tech guy

I went to it, just is a big bloated thingy that hollers to freak out an inept user to trick them into info. I have myspace but dont save any passwords anywhere and never gave it info so i should be fine. All social networking so the account can be used for spam.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice