1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Building A budget gaming system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SeanKeith, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeanKeith

SeanKeith Thread Starter

I'm looking to build a new gaming pc at a budget price.
    I'm looking to spend anything under $1,200 not inculding mouse,keyboard,monitor,speakers ect.

I just want CPU, motherboard, RAM, video card, extra cooler (If needed?), system drive, case and power supply.

It doesnt matter if its US currency or Australian. Basically no difference anymore.

I play games such as crysis, CoD, GRID, Spore, Gears, Tom Clancy's and so on and i want to be able to play these at a reasonably high quality.

Just need a list of products, what site i can get them from and how much they will cost.

Anything will help. Cheers ;p

2. Polaris2KX

Polaris2KX

CPU: AMD AM3 Phenom II X4 945 ~ $179
    Mobo: Gigabyte MA785GT-UD3H ~ $108
    RAM: G.Skill-Ripjaws 4GB DDR3-1333 ~ $140
    HDD: Samsung SATA 1TB ~ $89
    GPU: 1GB ATI Radeon HD5850 ~ $399
    Case: Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 ~ $99
    PSU: Antec TP 550W ~ $119
    ODD: SATA Pioneer 218 ~ $38
    CPU HSF: Coolermaster Universal Hyper TX3 ~ $29

Total: $1200 Australian.

Products and prices are from MSY:
    http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

I've actually finished building a similar system for my brother, the only real difference is that the video card is a HD5770 and it runs Crysis, COD etc on the highest graphics and runs smoothly. With this system above you would have no problems at all.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/899039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice