1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Building my 1st computer

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by aaronb10, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaronb10

aaronb10 Thread Starter

Hello TechGuy! I'd first like to say you raised my computer back from the dead from an evil virus, so thank you.

Now I have some cash ($900-1200, the lower the better), I want to upgrade to a gaming computer but I wanted to build it myself. Here's what I want, and the question marks are, well, question marks. Yes, I will be overclocking, so please take that into account.)

Please feel free to tell me if I should be using something different.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (Socket 775)

Motherboard: ?

Case: ?

Power Supply: ?

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 260 or Dual Visiontek ATI 4850

RAM: 4 GB (What brand?)

Hard Drive: 64GB Solid State (brand?)

Thanks so much guys, I'd appreciate you answering my question marks, and any suggestions you might have for a first timer. I'm excited so hurry!

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy and welcome...

I gather you missed this when you decided to post your question...

Do It Yourself Projects (18 Viewing)
    Got something around the house that needs fixing and is NOT a computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice