Solved: built first pc and is verry slow to boot bios screen let alone xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mike124578

i built my first pc using an intel d915pbl board with a p4 3.0 cpu with ht, i now have 2 cpu's one gets hot fast and the other is very slow to boot i have used artic silver 5 when i install the heat sink but it still gets hot on the other i installed the same way but take 10-15 min. to boot all the way to xp has anyone seen this before? by the way the one that gets hot boots in about 1.5 min

i am reformatting now

mike124578

ok refomated-- still does it
tried to zero out the drive before refomating-- still did it while booting from cd
temp at idle stays around 35 c
running ram check now

mike124578

have tried everything so im going to replace the motherboard today

ok heres what i did to fix this
first completely disassembled computer all the way down including removal of cpu
next slowly built pc back up checking everything as i went
the only thing i replaced was powersupply and windows loaded with no problems
i will install one part per day till i find out what i did wrong
heres what i have in right now
1 gig ram
graphics card
320 sata hd
power supply
motherboard and cpu

tomorrow i will install wireless network card and let you know
i think it was a faulty powersupply
by the way i didnt replace motherboard only thing replaced was powersupply

mike124578

today i will install 1 gig ram and audio drivers along with wireless internet card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online