1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Burned DVDs Freeze

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by seanmt, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seanmt

seanmt Thread Starter

I have made about 5 DVDs (all of them NTSC format) and they all seem to freeze, usually about 5 minutes in, when I try to watch them.

I burned the NTSC .iso files using a PAL DVD-RW Drive. Could that be the problem?

2. thegreatjmat

thegreatjmat

are you talking about......
    1. Are you watching them on your DVD player??? If so which model/make
    2. On your comuter, if so do you have all of your codecs/ is the burner damaged at all/ was it purchased from a trustworthy source (as you said its PAL)
    3. If your DVD Player is not PAL then the dvd's proply wont work and are the actual DVD disks NTSC or PAL :)

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There is no such thing as a PAL DVD-RW drive. How exactly did you burn them, what application, and how did the ISO image get created?

4. thecoalman

thecoalman

PAL or NTSC should play on any computer DVD player. NTSC will play on most standalone PAL DVD players and finally most NTSC players do not support PAL playback.

If you have a iso file with NTSC formatted video it should play on just about anything, at least on your computer. Have you tested it on there?

5. seanmt

seanmt Thread Starter

1. I'm trying to watch them on my computer. I have also tried on my DVD player but i get the same result.

2. As far as I know I have all the relevant codecs needed as I can play the ISO perfectly if I mount it using Daemon Tools. I bought the DVD player new from a shop so I presume that is trustworthy :)

3. Hmmm I never thought of what region the disks were, they will be PAL discs as I live in the UK.

I burned them using DVD Decrypter at 6x (my DVD-RW supports 8x). I'm not sure how the ISO was created but as I said above I'm sure it is nothing to do with the ISO as i can play it fine when I when I mount it using Daemon Tools.

6. thecoalman

thecoalman

That would suggest to me that either you using bad DVD's, unlikely to get 5 in a row though. Or you have a problem with your burner. Or possiibly you're just burning too fast... The region thing could be a problem too but I've never ran into that issue myself, I think daemon tools negates any problems with region coding....

Have you sucessfully burned other DVD discs?

7. seanmt

seanmt Thread Starter

Data DVD's have been fine for me and i have had no problems with game ISOs either. It's only DVD-Video that I am having problems with.

Right, I tried writing at a lower speed (2x) and the DVD works fine. I'm gonna try it again with another to make sure it wasn't just a fluke :)

8. thecoalman

thecoalman

Probably bad discs, is it a new batch from the ones you were sucessful with. http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

9. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

You need to try another brand of discs. It is important to find discs that are a good match for your burner and stick with them.

10. seanmt

seanmt Thread Starter

The ones I have been using are TraxData DVD+R discs, can't see them on that list though.

So are there any blank discs on here that you would recommend?

11. thecoalman

thecoalman

12. seanmt

seanmt Thread Starter

Okay thanks a lot.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!