1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Burner not working after upgrade.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Norreb01, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Norreb01

Norreb01 Thread Starter

Hello. Recently I upgraded my iTunes player so I could use my iPod properly. In order to upgrade iTunes I learned that I must first upgrade to SP2. After I upgraded to both the new iTunes and SP2, I can no longer burn audio or data cds. I have went through my device manager and it says everything is working okay? Can anyone help? :(

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

3. emoxley

emoxley

If part of it works ok, the device manager will say it's ok. The burner probably plays cds ok?
    In your device manager, right click on your burner, and click "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install a new driver for you. SP2 probably wasn't compatable with the old driver, for burning.
    Good luck!

4. Norreb01

Norreb01 Thread Starter

emoxley, thank you so much for your help. That was the quickest and easiest little fix. It sure did the job. Thanks again from my whole family. We now can put our pictures onto discs. :)

5. emoxley

emoxley

Glad it worked for you. That will fix quite a few problems, with different parts.
    I appreciate you letting us know that it worked. A lot of folks get the suggestions, and you don't hear from them again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488431

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice