1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Burning .cue and .bin files.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by iworld, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

I have a folder which contains two video files. A .cue and a .bin.

Can anyone tell me how to burn these files onto a DVD? Is there a step-by-step guide?

Anyways, help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I could, but the problem is that those files are usually in the form of illegal copyrighted material and I doubt the moderaters will allow any assistance.

3. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

lol no their not. I wouldn't ask for help here if it was illegal material.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Where did the files come from?

5. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

Jeez do I gotta give my whole life's story? First, it's not a movie, rather a 5 minute music video and 3 minute frame by frame animation that I had to do at school (communication technology course) . Teacher burned them as .cue and .bin for us, but sadly the guide he gave us to burn them is only for CD-R's. Doesn't work for DVD.

Can I get help now (and whats the point of a multimedia thread if you can't post question's about burning.. will I be questioned every time I post here?)

6. ~Candy~

Simply trying to protect the owner of the website ;)

What burning program do you have? I think something like Nero should work.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    .iso and .cue are not video files. They are virtual CD files which basically is a copy of a CD or DVD. You will need a virtual CD/DVD program. There are many available. www.download.com or www.majorgeeks.com will have them. DaemonTools is one, but they have some 'spyware' (WhenYouSaveNow) that will install with DT.

Nero is also another one.

8. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

I have nero, and according to the guide I have, it tells me to "burn an image" I do so, I put in the .cue file but then it only gives me an option to burn it as a cd-r. Is there a way to do it with a DVD?

9. ~Candy~

10. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    well is the bin file more than 700Mb? Also do you have a DVD burner? Because it should burn as a DVD if you have a DVD burner.

12. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

No the bin file is 220mb. I can easily burn it onto a CD-r but I would rather use a DVD so I can play it on a DVD player and show it to ppl without having to crowd around a monitor.

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well if the files are not in DVD format then you will need to get a DVD authoring program to burn it as a DVD.

14. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

Well I have nero... that SHOULD work but only for cd-r's.

15. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I don't think you are understanding the point. My guess is that when you burn the .bin file it will show the files on the CD and the files are going to be the video files. You have to burn them onto a CD or DVD first (obviously you should burn onto a CD because of it's size) then you will need to use that CD and use an authoring DVD program like Ulead to make it into a DVD that can be use in any DVD player.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice