1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Buy DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rmburns, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmburns

rmburns Thread Starter

I am thinking of buy a 20x Memorex multi format DVD internal recorder. Has anyone had luck or problems with the recorder? Or does anyone have other suggestions on what to buy?

2. kfinpgh

kfinpgh

Most blank media is 16x or less, so spending a large amount of money for a little extra speed isn't good. Memorex makes decent hardware; I have one of their CD burners. LG, Samsung and Sony all make nice drives. They can be had for $30 and up from newegg.com and other sites. Get the retail kit if you can. That has the cables and software you will need. The OEM kit is drive only.

3. DaChew

DaChew

The LG or Samsung is the best bet right now, memorex doesn't make the drives so you never know about support, most sony's are a joint effort with nec so they are relatively safe and a decent drive, firmware support is a little iffy

I try to get a slightly older model that's been tested, the brand new ones can have issues that won;t be solved for months

4. rmburns

rmburns Thread Starter

I'm new at ordering separate parts for my PC. Have you had luck ordering from geeks.com or do you do most of your purchases from newegg.com? Most of what I see from newegg.com is OEM.

5. rmburns

rmburns Thread Starter

Who makes the drives for Memorex?

6. DaChew

DaChew

7. rmburns

rmburns Thread Starter

Memorex 20x multi format DVD recorder dvd +/- rw mfg part # 32023220 for $70.36

8. DaChew

DaChew

9. EnfoToad

EnfoToad

I would recommend that you go with Lite-On or LG. They are the best that I have had.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!