Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Buying hardware from ebay

880 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dking63 
#1 ·
Have any of you bought any hardware from ebay? just want opinions on the service from ebay computer hardware sellers.
Here are a few things I'm enquiring on:

- Is it good value?
- Any problems with postage of the item?
- Is it better to buy online then going to your local computer store?

#2 ·
Yes, I have many times. But no one can tell you how your transaction will go because all the sellers are different. The best you can do is check feedback and try to pick someone honest. In general, the more expensive the hardware, the more you should consider buying locally. You may need support, and returns can be difficult through Ebay even provided that you get a seller that will actually co-operate in a refund or return.

You will possibly do better if you pick a seller that sells a lot of hardware rather than an individual who may not represent the condition accurately, or even be fully aware of the real condition. Used hardware is a real gamble.

#3 ·
I was looking at buying a computer case and Ram sticks, nothing too expensive. But I was thinking getting a graphics card and other parts on ebay too. I have heard plenty of stories of 'ebay scammers' and was a bit concerned whether I should go about using ebay or not. I'd say I would be better off doing a bit of pricing research on my local stores, see what is best and go from there. Thanks!

#5 ·
I have also bought quite a few items on Ebay and as Elvandil stated, I always looked at the feedback of the seller and have really saved a lot of $. Out of all the buying I have done I only had two that were not up to snuff and was given a full refund. I also use PayPal which has buyer protection as does Ebay since they now go hand in hand.
So, look around, pick a good seller and I think you will be very happy with your purchase.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.