1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by r_german, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. r_german

r_german Thread Starter

C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL I get this message every time I start up the computer, try to run a program or try to shut it down. Last time I had this problem it was just a faulty installation error from a program I had just installed. This time I've uninstalled all my recent programs but it is still showing up.

Manufacturer: Gateway
    Model: T-1625
    Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz
    RAM: 2.00GB
    System Type: 32-bit Operating System

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Download and run Autoruns.

Locate the entry C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL (probably under the AppInit tab), right-click on it and first select Jump to...

This will open the registry location of the entry.

It should be in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

If there isn't any other DLL but Google, in Autoruns, right-click again on the entry and select Delete.

If there are other DLLs under the same registry key, simply delete the C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~2\GOEC62~1.DLL part.

3. r_german

r_german Thread Starter

Ok, I got this far. I downloaded Autoruns. Found the message and opened the Registry Editor but I don't understand what to do next. The attached picture is of what the two programs contain TOP: Registry Editor BOTTOM: Autoruns (AppInit tab)

Attached Files:

4. r_german

r_german Thread Starter

HAHAHA! I can't believe i didn't understand that. I just re-read your reply. Sorry, it was pretty simple to do. I guess I am Computer Illiterate. Thanks again for all the help.

5. Phantom010

You need to delete the Google related DLL but leave the AVG DLL there.

I wasn't sure how Autoruns would display the DLLs in the AppInit key. We now know that you didn't have to Jump to... the registry location. Simply right-click on the Google entry in Autoruns and Delete it.

6. r_german

r_german Thread Starter

Thanks again.

7. Phantom010

You're quite welcome! (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/891604