1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: C:\Windows\system32\Stdole2.tlb error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by leischb, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leischb

leischb Thread Starter

Hi,

I am trying to install a patch for a software program required for work but am getting the following error message when i try to install...

"The file C:\Windows\system32\Stdole2.tlb could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to the destination directory"

I have tried to run it directory from link on IE as well as saving it to desktop and trying to run it from there, both resulting in same error message.

Any ideas??

2. Paladinz

Paladinz

What operating system are you using?

3. leischb

leischb Thread Starter

Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Paladinz

Paladinz

leischb have you tried right clicking on the patch program and choosing Run As Administrator or running it in Safe Mode?

If neither of the above work you might try this :-
    Open regedit.exe and expand the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Browse to TypeLib\{00020430-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\2.0\0\win32 - then right click on that Key and choose permissions, give users groups FULL control.

5. leischb

leischb Thread Starter

Hi Paladinz,
    Yeah i've tried to run as administrator and have also now changed permissions but still getting the same error.

I havent yet tried in safe mode though....any other ideas if that doesnt work??

Thanks

6. Paladinz

Paladinz

Um just right clicking on the .exe and choosing Troubleshoot Compatability, apart from that I'm stumped.

7. leischb

leischb Thread Starter

Hi just so you know, this issue was a permissions issues with the system32 folder, subfolders and files. The owner was an old user now deleted - once assigned ownership to myself snd gave myself full control all ok.

Thanks
    :)

8. Paladinz

Paladinz

Thanks for the info

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/948174