Solved: Camcorder to DVD-R

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sajjadbaqir

hello ppl.
i have this camcorder that i bought i think in 1996. i have many old memories stored on its tapes. now i wanna store them permanently on a DVD-R using my DVD burner. the video camera is a Sony CCD-TR315E. and one more important and big thing it is a PAL video camera. ok now i don't have any wires for the camera that can connect to the CPU. but i do have a ATI video card that i can connect to my TV,VCR or watever. i am also able connect the camera the the audio and video inputs in the back of the VCR and my TV. then i can view the video on the tapes. but the video does come in black and white since the camera is PAL and records in PAL. so thats the story. is there anyway to get the tapes on the DVD??? Any help is greatly appreciated.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, you'll need a video capture card that supports PAL. Which model of ATI card do you have, most have options to PAL...

sajjadbaqir

its the RADEON 9200 SE. and can u give me step-by-step instructions of wat to do.

sajjadbaqir

lol. i can't post on videohelp.com today. they say i must wait one day. wats up with that. but still i'll be patient.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You're confused about video output and video input. The RADEON 9200 SE is not a video capture card.

Okay--lets keep this simple---You need to capture the analog video as digital. The way you accomplish this is with a convertor box or a video card that supports conversion. You would attach your camera to the box, and go from your box into your computer using either a USB or firewire cable. As John said, the Radeon is not a capture card so you will have to purchase one or purchase the box. I would recommedn the Pryo Av Link----but that will run you some dollars. I haven't found a real cheap option that I find reliable.

sajjadbaqir

ok i am a bit lost here. john said "You're confused about video output and video input". i know video input sends the video to the CPU and video output produces the product of whatever the computer did to the video files. and as linskyjack said "Okay--lets keep this simple---You need to capture the analog video as digital" i have no idea wat analog video is. and one more thing. so this analog video digital box or watever it is, will connect with my computer and camera and will allow the computer to get the videos from the camera?
i'll also post on videohelp.com today and keep u guys posted on what they say. appreciate ur help.

Your camera, according to my Google search is an analog camera not a digital camera (DV). That means that you need to convert the analog stream to digital in order to capture it on a computer. Its that simple and you have the option of using one of the following.

1. the convertor box
2. a video card that supports analog to digital conversion
3. a DV camera that supports pass thru--

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, since you have lots of recorded stuff in the format of the camera you have, a DV camera is clearly not the proper choice. :)

I have the Adaptec VideoOh! video capture device, it's a USB 2.0 box that does the job. There are many video capture cards, just go to www.pricewatch and enter "video capture PCI" into the search box.

sajjadbaqir

ok so ur suggesting that a converter box would be the best choice for me. and its cheap?
and will it connect with my camera and computer together and transfer the data?

sajjadbaqir

ohhh i just saw the cards on that site u told me. i have seen those cards b4. and they seem pretty cheap. so they will do the work? how do i connect my camera to them?

try and google (convertX by plextar) the whole kit and software runs approx 140.00...use it with hte soft ware below

InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2:) :)
ConvertX™ comes with the powerful and easy-to-use WinDVD Creator 2 software from InterVideo with Dolby® Digital and DivX® encoding support. The software guides you through each step for capturing and editing video, adding effects, and burning Video CDs and DVDs. One click is all it takes to pull in video from a camcorder or another analog source. You can create CDs or DVDs without spending all day learning complicated programs. WinDVD Creator’s storyboard interface makes the entire DVD-making process as easy as moving pictures around on a computer screen. Create a CD or DVD in four easy steps: capture, edit, create and share. With the software’s professional grade features, you can select recording quality, use a countdown recording timer and view real-time encoding playback. Editing controls include trimming, title insertion, MPEG cutter and combine/divide video file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online