1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Camera not recognized anymore after Norton uninstalled

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by mcomer, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mcomer

mcomer Thread Starter

I recently uninstalled the Norton software that was pre-installed on my HP laptop. I used the norton uninstall utility from Norton's website. Now my laptop does not recognize my camera via USB. The USB do work for other external devices (e.g. external mouse, iphone, etc). Before the uninstall, my computer always recognized my camera. I never installed any software for my camera. I use window live to manage my photos. I can't see the camera when I go to Computer under devices with removable storage. HELP...I need to be able to do this...THANKS!!

2. thestig07

thestig07

Hi mcomer,

I have a few questions which will help me diagnose your problems.

What operating system are you running?

Does the computer make the usb sound when you plug it in?

When you turn the camera on does the camera screen display and error messages or a USB connected symbol?

3. mcomer

mcomer Thread Starter

Hi -

I'm running Windows 7. The USB does make a sound when it is plugged in. It's a Canon Rebel XSi. When I plug it in and turn on the camera, it makes the USB sound, and the camera says BUSY which it normally does when trying to transfer, but then it just goes to normal screen. The camera then goes into power save and the computer makes the USB noise again as the connection goes away.

Hope that helps. Thanks.

Marc

4. thestig07

thestig07

TBH that sounds like your camera or USB cable is at fault. It is connecting and the computer is recognising the connection but it sounds like the camera is losing power then disconnecting or the cable is faulty and isn't connecting properly. Would you happen to have access to another computer/laptop so that you can confirm it is not the camera?

Also have you tried different USB ports? or even a different USB cable?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice