Solved: Can’t log onto TSG

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I’m relaying this problem from Help4me.
She cant get to TSG, the problem started last night .… here’s her last email a few minutes ago …
I’m thinking she lost her TSG cookie – but that’s an easily fixable problem.

help4me said:
I ran ccleaner. Still can't get to TSG. I can open the sign in page by pulling it up through cache option on a yahoo search page. It pulls up the front page, but no graphics. I then have to log in. It won't load the next page. I've tried pulling up other pages from TSG. they won't show either. Ideas?

I had the same problems a few times yesterday with this site, but would try it a few minutes later and all OK.
I even lost it a coule of times when viewing posts.
It is not a problem on my end as I cango to any of the other help forums with instant access.
Also, as I hit the submit reply box as I will doin ten second it take a long time to "run it course, again no problems with other sites.
VERY INTERESTING

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Yes - TSG looked funny when I got on this morning but it staightened up ... maybe it was the coffee that followed.:)
Since she mentined that it failed while she was a work yesterday ... this would be a different Computer at school.
She's still having problems ... Here's her latest email ...
I don't understand the Yahoo shots she sent .... one's attached.
Apparently she can only get here via "Cached"

Help4me said:
Ok I made some screen shots of what I'm doing. Usually I access tsg by "my search" tool bar. TSG has its own button. Takes me directly to the site. If I can't get there that way, I just do a yahoo search. If for what ever reason that doesn't work, I go back to search results and click "cached" that usually pulls up the page. However, when I do that...I get the page but with no graphics. I get the log in box, but when I click log in, I get the "page can not be displayed" . I can do a yahoo search for tsg, I can even do a "more from this site" search. But I can't get to the pages. If I get anything at all, it takes forever to load, there are no graphics, and I can't get passed the first page. I get a generic no graphic page, and then the "can not display" page. I'm not to worried about cookies. Like you said, it's easy to fix. Also I was able to get to TSG at work Friday morning, but not late in the afternoon. Same issues as described above. I tried again when I got home, same thing. I tried again late last night, and again this morning. Nothing. This leads me to think it's not just my computer, but perhaps area network issues? My isp is Charter communications. I'm using internet explorer 6, os is windows xp. I seem to be able to get everywhere else on the net.

Attachments

I'm using 98 and Opera and have noticed problems since the latest software upgrade at TSG. These included slow refreshing and greatly delayed email notifications, which now seem to be 'cured'. However, over the last two days, I have had to login on every visit.

I haven't knowingly changed any of my cleaning routines and have 'saved' my most frequently used cookies. It's as if the TSG cookie is not 'sticking' or not being recognised?

same thing happened to me on Thursday. Did not recognize my cookie and had to enter my name and password, which I had a hard time doing as it was so long ago. Anyway, it logged on O.K. after entering name and password. Today, it logged on like normal.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Help4me still cant get to TSG.
Thanks to Shamou ... She has an Email off to TSG.
She is having severe TSG withdrawls ... Hope they can help soon.

Me again!
About an hour ago I tried to reply to a post on TSGand got a notice that "tech support guys is expierencing database difficulties" and attempting to correct the problem, or word to that effect.
Of course this just happened to be after i spent 15 minutes typeing. Well here goes this post, see what happens!!

I sent this msg via Yahoo to help4me. MFDnSC says "Delete all techguy.org cookies - restart the browser"

She needs helps fast... the withdrawal is getting to her. Here is what she sent me:

"I tried to connect to live support by clicking on the link in the auto response email. I can't even get there! I'm going to shut this computer down for a bit and go on a pepsi run. I NEED some caffine . I'll be back later, Bonnie.
P.S. thanks for the help"

That is how it hit her:

Shamou

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I don't think Help4me got anywhere with her Email to [email protected]
Wonder if we should bug an Admin to see if there's any server problems at TSG ?

This is the Response she received from: [email protected]:

Thank you for your recent email to Tech Support Guy. However, due to
the incredible number of emails we receive, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A
REPLY. So that we might better handle incoming messages, please follow
these directions:

1. Are you asking a tech support question? If so, you MUST post your
question on the web site - NOT email it. Please visit
http://forums.techguy.org/

If you need technical support RIGHT NOW, and don't want to post your
question, visit http://www.techguylive.com/

2. Are you having trouble registering, activating your username, or
posting for the first time? Email [email protected] and be sure to
include, at the very least: (1) your username and (2) the exact text of any
error you're receiving.

3. Are you making a suggestion? If you're suggesting a way to improve
the site, please post it. See http://forums.techguy.org/

4. Are you making a donation? If you wish to donate to the Tech
Support Guy site, visit http://www.techguy.org/how2help/ or contact
[email protected]

5. If you want to sell me something or let me know about "the chance of
a lifetime" please email [email protected]

If the purpose of your email was not covered in one of the areas above,
you can email [email protected]. However, technical support questions
sent to that address WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

Thanks very much for your understanding,
The Auto-Responder
www.TechGuy.org

Shamou

I'd forgotten the failures to connect that happened on Thursday or Friday when I got a few lines of text suggesting that there was a database problem, and I'm still having to login at each visit.

Hello MFDnSC,
In reply to your suggestion to 'delete all techguy.org cookies - restart the browser' here is what help4me had to say:

I went to tools>internet options and deleted all cookies. Closed the browser, and reopened it. Still can't get to TSG! not even through yahoo search, and clicking on the link. I tried through msn too. Not there either. What gets me is that it happened at work too. They have a different provider. I don't know who, but it's not Charter Communications. I do not have access to any other computer in this area. Thanks for keeping me posted.

Anymore suggestion?

Shamou

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online