Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Can anoybody please help me figure out how to make my tv card work!?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cwwozniak 
#1 ·
I am a complete newby to this, and fear I'm seriously overstretching myself trying to do this. Have been trying to do it for hours and slowly going insane, any help at all would be VERY much appreciated!

Ok, so I wanted to be able to watch and record TV on my laptop, I bought a 'WinTv-HVR-900H' usb tv card thing, the only tv signal I have is cable from virgin media. Virgin have told me that I have a 'modulated RF out' (or something like that!) from my cable box to watch whatever channel is on cable box at that time. So I have aerial from RF out on my virgin box to the tv card and I just can't find the picture anywhere.
I have tried using windows media centre, but all it shows when looking for picture is static, have also tried using the WinTv7 software that came with the stick but all I get from that is a no signal message.

I figured out how to change the RF out channel on the box, which I've done several times (currently on channel 21) but that makes no difference to anything.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure what specs if any you would need to help me so please just ask and I'll try and find anything you need :)

My eternal gratefullness goes to whoever can get this stupid thing to work before I lose the plot and throw everything out of the window! :mad:

See less See more
#3 ·
If you do not want any further assistance at this time, can you please mark this thread as solved so that others do not waste their time opening it.

How are you connecting an aerial between the cable box and TV card input? The usual connection method would be with 75 ohm coaxial cable.

I suppose it is possible some box could be set to use UHF channel 21, but I thought that most cable boxes can only output on channels 3 or 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.