1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can anyone recommend a free Hit Counter Site

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by PAT W, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PAT W

PAT W Thread Starter

I look after a web site that I built (using Frontpage) for my local club and have been using MyCounters.net to count hits. This has now been discontinued as from the end of May 06. Can anyone recommend another one ?

Thanks
    Pat W

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. thecoalman

thecoalman

Do you have paid hosting? If so you probably already have a stats program installed that will pull the infomation from the server logs which will provide you a lot more information.

4. PAT W

PAT W Thread Starter

I don't pay for hosting, I'm using the free Web space on my ISP, so I'll try out the one recommended by etaf and let you know how I get on.

Thanks
    PAT W

5. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

6. PAT W

PAT W Thread Starter

I have successfully installed statcounter.com and the statistical information that is available is more than sufficient for my site - and all for free ! I have also made a note of the clustrmaps.com for future reference.

Thanks very much everyone

Pat W

7. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

for hit counters and many more free web site addons I've had good luck using BRAVENET

8. PAT W

PAT W Thread Starter

Just had a quick look at the Bravenet site and I'm impressed by the amount of addons available. It's inspired me to improve my site - only wish I'd found it earlier !

Thanks for the info

9. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

I've been using them since they were an unknown infant on the internet and have never had any bad experiences related to them. Currently on my site I'm using a guestbook, a forum, a FAQ, a chatroom and hidden counters. All supplied by them and run on their servers for free.

if you fee like checking them out my site is ASGARD

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!