1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: can anyone scan my web-site for viruses?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by senwod, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. senwod

senwod Thread Starter

Hi, can anyone scan my web-site for viruses?

or is there software for this?

thanks,
    senwod
    :)

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

LOL... did you upload any? If not then you probably don't have any on your website.

Besides that realistically the only chance you would have for getting a virus or some other malicious code on your site is if you are running software that is using server side scripting such as a forum or allows uploads like a image gallery. In most cases if they are up to date they will have been patched for such exploits.

You'll have to be a little more specific as to why you would think it might have virus.

3. ferrija1

ferrija1

And it might help if we knew where your site was.

4. senwod

senwod Thread Starter

my site is www.eastcoastashtrays.ie and when I visit the site from another pc I instantly get a warning that a trojan has been detected, so please be careful if you visit the site

5. ferrija1

ferrija1

I think the virus problem is on your end.

6. senwod

senwod Thread Starter

Ok, I deleted the index page and made it again from scratch, the problem seemed to be sorted, but a few hours later when I went back on Mc Afee started showing warnings again. Is there any software or anyway to scan the web-site or the ftp-site?

7. ferrija1

ferrija1

Unless you uploaded viruses on your site, there can't really be any viruses. I went there and got no warnings.

8. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

"senwod": FYI- I just went to your site, too, and no warning appeared.
    {redoak}

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Attached Files:

10. stantley

stantley

11. senwod

senwod Thread Starter

okay, thanks Noyb and stantley for confirming that I'm not going slowly insane and that there is something triggering Anti-Virus software, I have found loads of info on the trojan and ways that it might of got there but has anyone got any ideas of how I'm going to get rid of it, if you can help and are ever in Ireland I'll buy you all a pint

12. senwod

senwod Thread Starter

And thank Redoak & Ferrija1 for having a look

13. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

That's not allowed here at TSG ... I'll be right over.

14. senwod

senwod Thread Starter

so the search continues for an online web scanner to scan a web-site or an ftp site, ATTENTION all software developers there could be a fortune to be made here. I am sure that somone out there must know of some way for me to find this virus on my site and how to get rid of it, instead of starting the site again from scratch

15. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

"s": Have you thoroughly checked YOUR computer? Perhaps you should post a "Highjackthis" (HJT) scan on the Security Forum. Go there and you will find many references to using the HJT approach to finding malware that does not come to light with commonly used scanners.
    {redoak}

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/507294