1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can I restore a deleted account in Windows 7 (64-bit)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by morland, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. morland

morland Thread Starter

OMG. Made a big blunder but hope there is some solution. And i just checked and the last restore point is 3 days old...

By mistake and while logged in with another administrator account, I deleted a Windows account of another administrator. Is there any way to undo and recover the deleted account.

Please hlp. OMG, what was I thinking :(

2. JustJudy

JustJudy

When you deleted that account you would have been given choices- to delete files, to keep files or to cancel. If you chose to keep files then if you look at the users you will still see a folder under C: users. If you chose delete files, then they are gone. I have heard of some programs that possibly can get some of the files back- If you choose to do that stop using that computer immediately so you aren't overwriting the files. I have never used this but you could try it:
    Recuva.

Good luck!

3. morland

morland Thread Starter

Hi Judy,

Actually this was amongst the many stupid things I have done. Have no clue where my mind was but I thought I was deleting some other account and kept on clicking yes to the warnings/notifications... end result is that I just could not recover...even tried a tool called Recuva but no luck and ended up restoring the last available recovery point...

Thanks. Appreciate your reply :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915296