1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can i run 64-bit Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by D4rkS0ul, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D4rkS0ul

D4rkS0ul Thread Starter

I am wondering if i can run a 64-bit Vista due to the ram i am trying to run i need to upgrade to 64-bit in order for it to work in the OS since it is only showing 3070 mb.

My processor is AMD Phenom Quad Core 9550 (4 x 2.2GHz) 4MB, I figured i would splash out abit when i bought my computer so i had 8gb of ram installed because i often run game servers of my computer while using.

It shows up in bios at 8gb and my motherboard can handle it but i heared i need 64-bit if i want to use more then 3gb of ram, Also i was wondering if i can just upgrade Vista from 32-bit or will i have to reinstall losing everything i have on here?

Thanks for any help.

2. mdelg2551

mdelg2551

You can certainly run Vista x64 on your system. In fact, your specs demand that you use it rather than x32.
    Unfortunately, you will have to do a clean install - there isn't an upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit Vista.
    Good luck!

3. D4rkS0ul

D4rkS0ul Thread Starter

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice