1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can I Save My Windows XP Home

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GordRocks, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GordRocks

GordRocks Thread Starter

My motherboard is toast. I'm going to replace it but I'm unsure as to whether I can save my Windows XP with the new mobo or if I have to buy a new copy. I'll be using the same Hard Drives, DVD writers, etc. so I think I should be able to use XP without reinstalling but will it work with a new mobo? If anyone knows how to save it would you please explain what I need to do! TIA

.....Gord

2. Dochoi

Dochoi

:) If you use all the old components stuff ( CPU, RAM, Display card etc..), you are properly use the similar new MB to match them. Under this condition you don't have to worry much things.
    All you have to do, just plugin all the stuff together, and power on, then let XP to run the plug and play process.

3. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

If you fit the exact same mainboard (motherboard) then it shouldn't be a problem.

4. GordRocks

GordRocks Thread Starter

The mobo I was using is no longer available so I can't use the exact same mainboard (motherboard). I'll just be using one that allows me to connect the components I have.

.....Gord

5. Dochoi

Dochoi

:) Don't worry, It should be fine!

6. GordRocks

GordRocks Thread Starter

You're right! It went through without a problem.

.....Gord

7. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

Nice one! :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice