Solved: Can I upgrade my Laptop's video card?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

glbirch

How do I determine if there is room in my two-year old Acer Aspire laptop for a new video card? (I want to put an HDMI port in)? The model is 5334-2598. If so, does anyone know where I can buy one online that is a good one? I am going to see if Best Buy's tech support can install it.
THANKS!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
One of the negatives of having a laptop over a desktop is the inability to upgrade or add components.

The vast majority of laptops only give you the option to add more RAM.

-----------------------------------------------------------

dai

yours is a onboard chip on the m/board not a actual card

glbirch

Hate to be thick, but if mine is a chip, this means I CANNOT upgrade, correct? :) I guess my only option is to purchase a VGA to RGB component cable and audio cables to hook up to an HDMI TV? THANKS!

Onboard Video/graphics = Chip on the motherboard. So yes, you are correct.

Thanks! I appreciate the info!
Just something else to be aware of.... if you're hoping to connect a TV for watching 1080p films or something then make sure that your laptop is powerful enough. I'm sure it will be but I'd hate for you to buy adapters etc and then find when you try and play a film it stutters. Blu-Ray does use a lot more CPU power than normal :)

Just something else to be aware of.... if you're hoping to connect a TV for watching 1080p films or something then make sure that your laptop is powerful enough. I'm sure it will be but I'd hate for you to buy adapters etc and then find when you try and play a film it stutters. Blu-Ray does use a lot more CPU power than normal :)
Excellent advice matthewdownloads. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online