1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can I use the value of a cell in a formula based on row and column co-ordinat

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wtoddun, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtoddun

wtoddun Thread Starter

Lets say I had in cell $A$1 the number "36", in row2 figures for monthly spend, in row 3 cumulative spend and in row 4 the month number(1,2,3,4..). What I want to do is substract the monthly spend from $A$1 months ago from my cululative figure in row 3 so I have a rolling cummulative hardware spend value of 36 months in this case. So in this case if I was to do it manually in cell AK3 I would have "=AJ3+AK2-A2" and drag it further right. So I add my monthly figure of spend each month to the cummulative figure in row three but also deduct the monthly spend from 3 years prior.

So in order to use the figure in $A$1 I could do something in row 3 like: starting from B3: "=if(B4>$A$1,A3+B2-[$A$1rows_further_back_thanB2],A3+B2). So when I get to month 37 in row 4 I deduct the figure in row 2 (in the formula in row 3 - the cummulative row) from 36 months prior. I hope this all makes sense. Can you help me please (see attached spreadsheet).

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/966310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice