1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can link wirelessly, but not wired.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by YesiamDave, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YesiamDave

YesiamDave Thread Starter

Hi

I'm currently using an orange livebox which has been pretty reliable in the past. My set up is livebox > homeplug > homeplug > linksys wireless router > into 2 pcs.

Its odd because my pcs have trouble detecting the wireless router, however my laptop can link up no problems.

I have plugged my laptop directly into the livebox via ethernet and it works fine so I can rule out the livebox. I've also swapped the cables and they all work ok.

Basically, it does link up intermittently and runs perfectly, but then after a day, or even 10 minutes it disconnects and I have a nightmare getting it to work again.

I went through the entire cable system and got right to the end and hey presto it all worked...so I plugged my pcs back in. Then after about 10 mins it lost the network connection and I couldnt even link up to the livebox router by keying in 192.168.1.1. The laptop CAN connect wirelessy and access the config pages.

Its very odd.

Any ideas?

2. YesiamDave

Incidentally I am running Windows 7. I'm thinking of going back to XP.

3. YesiamDave

I managed to solve the problem. Thanks for all help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice