1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can my SCSI scanner run as a USB scanner?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aroominyork, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aroominyork

aroominyork Thread Starter

I have bought an Epson Perfection 1200S scanner, second hand. I hoped to plug it into the USB of my PC but only after buying it did I see that the 1200U model is for USB and the handbook for this 1200S model says that unless my PC has an SCSI board, I need to install one. The scanner came with an interface board but I am not confident about opening my PC to install it.

The scanner also came with a Microtech USB-SCSI-DB25B, which is not part of the Epson package but I guess is an extra that the seller threw in. It has a USB prong on one end that could go into my PC, and the other end would fit the cable that attaches to the scanner.

Can I install the scanner without using the SCSI board?

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

From the looks of it the Microtech USB-SCSI-DB25B is a usb to scsi converter so you should be able to plug it into the USB port and have it work. Seems like it should be Microtech USB-SCSI-DB25B to SCSI cable to scanner.

While Microtech USB-SCSI-DB25B did not give me too many things to look up... maybe you can provide a picture of this unit to verify....

either that or verify its something like this -

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/usbxchange.htm

3. DCM1519

DCM1519

I have an old HP 6100 SCSI scanner and tried one of those Belkin SCSI to USB converters a few years ago. It did not work. That card you have might do the job though.

Installation of a SCSI card is not difficult if you have a slot available for it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!