1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can not come out sleep mode with mouse

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by popeyecartoon, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popeyecartoon

popeyecartoon Thread Starter

I am running Compaq SR5410F Desktop with Vista Home Premium. I installed a logitech wireless optical mouse and keyboard when I first got the computer. A few weeks ago the ability to awaken the computer out of sleepmode became impossible. First it wouldn't do it unless I click on the left key where as all along the movement of the mouse alone would wake it up. Then after only being able to wake the computer up twice by clicking the left mouse key it got worse. I then got nothing except for the keyboard to wake it. I went into the drivers and where should have been a Power Management tab along with the other tabs there wasn't. I have all the latest Compaq and Microsoft updates. I have also uninstalled the mouse driver and downloaded the newest version. I contacted Compaq (HP) through a chat session and after 45 minutes I was told that wireless mice won't wake up a computer from sleepmode to which I asked why it had always done it since I first bought it and why do my other wireless mice wake up my other computers. I got dead air after that and eventually sent to a microsoft update site to fix USB caused sleepmode problems that when used wouldn't install as they weren't needed. Any ideas would be appreciated. The computer has been completely cleaned and virus checked. Any help would be appreciated.

2. popeyecartoon

popeyecartoon Thread Starter

I wanted to say I have solved the problem by isolating an update from HP. I actually ended up with the same problem on another desktop that is an HP Desktop. Once I removed the update and rebooted my problem became history.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/768727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice