1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can not play due to area limitations

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by obowers, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. obowers

obowers Thread Starter

Can not play due to area limitations
    When I burn a dvd on Magix Pro Edit 12, trying to playback on a dvd player I get the message that it cannot play due to area limitations. Can burn Magix Photostory on same computer, 2GB DDR2 ram, Toshiba laptop Windows 7. They play with no problem. Have tried playing on several different dvd players. Only thing it will play back on is Sony dvd recorder. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. centscotsman

centscotsman

think you need to change regions on your respective dvd players to multi region

3. obowers

obowers Thread Starter

Have tried that on player. I tried it on multi and Pal with same results. Thanks.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    What is the source? If it's a PAL disc, for example, most US players will not/can't play it. Region coding can be removed from the disc, but that won't affect PAL/NTSC playback.

5. obowers

obowers Thread Starter

Sorry it took so long to answer. I recorded a service on my sony camcorder and read directly from the card inserted into my Toshiba laptop and used Pro Movie Pro Edit 12 to edit and record the video. I made several copies of the dvd using dvd+r discs, which I have used numerous times before. The discs will not play on a Sony dvd player. Other people I have given the copies to say they will not play on their machines either. Not sure what kinds they are using, but they can't all be wrong.
    Thanks for your reply.

6. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Hard to say. Standalone players can be extremely finicky about which media brands/types they support. I only use (and recommend) quality media. DVD SL (+R) = Taio Yuden or Verbatim, DVD DL (+R) = Verbatim. Both of which work on all of my players, and I've only had a few instances where a disc would not play on someone elses player...but it does happen.

As they play on the PC and at least one standalone player, I'd say the discs are burned properly and it's a media issue.

7. obowers

obowers Thread Starter

Oddball, thanks for your remarks. Guess I'll just accept the fact that all players won't play back my burned dvd,s. Guess we can makr this one solved. thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice