Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: can only connect to net using usb stick

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
i have a laptop with a wireless internet connection but recently i find i can only connect to the internet using the usb flash stick, how do i solve this.....also, when i try to connect to my usual network there are strange networks listed i don't recognise and which certainly do not belong to me as if they're other peoples', i can only get my own network when i physically plug the usb stick in! any help with this much appreciated:)

#2 ·
Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for your network as if it were a new connection.

Assuming that doesn't help, download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, paste a screen shot of the Network screen here. Identify your network on the display.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

#3 ·
sorry for wait in thanking you for your help but it turned out i didnt have to do this anyway as my computer "fixed" itself not long after......computers eh what are they like - love em and hate em at same time!!

bye and thanks again at least i know what to do in future:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.