1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can some one help with ie 6 in XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by photopics, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. photopics

photopics Thread Starter

Hi
    Every time you close internet explorer 6 it gives an error message saying caused fault in SHDOCVW.DLL.
    Can someone help to correct this.

2. Dan O

Dan O

The behavior can occur if an entry in the History folder has become damaged and the Internet Explorer AutoComplete feature cannot process it.

RESOLUTION: To confirm that the AutoComplete feature is causing the problem, disable AutoComplete:
    1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet.
    2. Click the Advanced tab.
    3. Click to clear the Use inline AutoComplete for Web address check box and the Use inline AutoComplete in Windows Explorer check box.
    4. Click OK.

3. photopics

photopics Thread Starter

Hi Dano

Auto complete was already unchecked.....i am having trouble with 680130.net popping up all the time as well.
    Is there a way of uninstalling ie6 and reinstalling again.

cheers photopics

4. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

5. photopics

photopics Thread Starter

Hi Rampage
    thanks for reply................I have posted my hijack log in security about 680130.net but still waiting for someone to go through it and tell me what to fix.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice