Solved: Can someone check this HJT log...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Minmaster

Hi, someone that wants to see if there is anything that might look suspicious sent me his log. I told him how great u guys were so here it is.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:41:30 AM, on 07/07/05
Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\TELUS ECARE\SMARTBRIDGE\MOTIVESB.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\REAL\UPDATE_OB\REALSCHED.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATICWD32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATITASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WEBROOT\SPY SWEEPER\SPYSWEEPER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINZIP\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\TELUS ECARE\BIN\MPBTN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WEBROOT\SPY SWEEPER\WRSSSDK.EXE
C:\UNZIPPED\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/index.jsp
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\TELUSE~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiCwd32] Aticwd32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiKey] Atitask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WEBROOT\SPY SWEEPER\SPYSWEEPER.EXE" /startintray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - Startup: EPSON Background Monitor.lnk = C:\ESM2\Stms.exe
O4 - Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O4 - Startup: TELUS eCare.lnk = C:\Program Files\TELUS eCare\bin\matcli.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: TruePass EPF 7,0,100,684 - https://blrscr3.egs-seg.gc.ca/applets/entrusttruepassapplet-epf.cab
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/vso/en-us/tools/mcfscan/2,0,0,4512/mcfscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/vc/bin/AvSniff.cab

I don't really see anything except for the unzipped hijack program, should it not be in it's own file. Is that ok what he did?
Let me know so I could tell him to fix it...
Thanks for any advice... (y)

Minmaster

Please anyone....it looks ok, but I want to let him know because he says his screen has been acting up turning blue and rebooting on occassion. Wonders why? And also has become extremely slow...HELP...
BUMP.............................................................................................

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Have you tried a scandisk and defrag?

What blue screen are you getting? Any codes you can write down and post back?

Minmaster

OK...this is what he had to say to me...can anyone help him...

When I boot up , it still takes a while to start explorer or anything . I double click explorer after boot-up then I wait and nothing happens . Hour glass appears for a while like its loading then stops . I ctrl/alt/del but it shows explorer not responding. I try double clicking a second time then it works. This happens all the time no big deal but didn't happen before all the problems I had . Maybe I have to many things running in task bar for my not so powerful comp to handle.?? Anyways as long as it works but I ran sweep of ad-aware and found somethings as usual mostly cookie things and some neglible ones, so I quarentined them. After that my comp started acting weird.. That blue screen with the "error has occured in #####" came up . Had to reboot but windows wouldn't load . Then I had to boot using safe mode to fix problem. I returned the neglible items back , then everything was back to semi normal. What a pain. Took me awhile to fix things. Any ways that's whats up with my comp .

Thanks ahead for any help...

Minmaster

Can someone tell me if I am in the correct forum for this type of problem? If not, could I ask any MOD to direct to the correct one...
Thanks....

cybertech

Retired Moderator
I see you have marked the thread as solved, so what fixed the problem?

Minmaster

Well, nothing fixed it, but no one seemed to answer in this forum, so I placed it into another....Was that not right? Can you help?
Thanks

cybertech

Retired Moderator
I think Security was the wrong forum to post this in, I think it's hardware related. I could have moved this one, but since you started a new one that's fine. If you get no answers I can move that one for you. Just PM me or report the post and request it to be moved.

Minmaster

Thanks cybertech...
I actually placed it in the Windows 98 forum...but still no real response on matter. Is there anyone specific you can suggest that I could PM? This problem he is having is beginning to reoccur too often. HELP!!!
Thanks again for you attention....again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online