1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can someone help me out here?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nick8539, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nick8539

Nick8539 Thread Starter

Hello everyone. I have a small problem. I keep getting these small dashes randomly in my screen. They are usually more noticeable when there is a black background but they show up at different pages and at the beginning of programs as well. I have no idea what might be causing this. My specs are on my sig. I have also included a screenshot circling the dashes im referring too. Im going to open up a couple more programs and take some more screenshots so you all can see it.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

and here it is again when i was trying to install icon tweaker...

[​IMG]

2. natcom

natcom

have you installed anything prior to the problem also try with a nother display resolusion

3. Nick8539

Nick8539 Thread Starter

No no no. Im running Windows XP. I was just chekcing something out for my ibook and i like the wallpaper thats why i have it in my pc.

4. Nick8539

Nick8539 Thread Starter

Ok i figured it out. Styles XP was the problem. I uninstalled it and I dont get those dashes no more. Anyways, thanks for the help....i guess.:D

OOH by the way...How do i put solved in the title bar???

5. colmaca

colmaca

Click thread tools up top and there a solved option there.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!