1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can someone please upload the windows 95 setup wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by John Musbach, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. John Musbach

John Musbach Banned Thread Starter

2. SDFOX 7

SDFOX 7 Banned

I have Windows 95 OSR 2.0. If you can tell me where to find it on the disc (mine is the 1996 CD version) I can help you out.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Strange request. May I ask why? :confused:

4. SDFOX 7

SDFOX 7 Banned

Maybe he wants to set it as his desktop background?

If you can where to find it on the CD or on my PC I can help you out.

5. ~Candy~

:eek: Eeeeery thought :D

6. John Musbach

Good question :), I've always had a liking for that wallpaper (and good 'ol clouds) but never thought to make a backup of it. I'm considering setting that wallpaper as my Mac OS X login wallpaper but of course need to find it first. Sadly it seems that not many people still actively use Windows 95 these days (and that's quite understandable). But if anyone is still using Windows 95 I'd really appreciate it if you'd please upload this wallpaper for me via a service like imageshack.us or similar, thanks. :)

7. John Musbach

Sorry but I'm not really sure where it is located on the install disc (but thanks anyways :)), I'm hoping that someone here still uses Windows 95 with a internet connection and can thus upload this wallpaper... :)

8. SDFOX 7

SDFOX 7 Banned

I posted in the above threads, I still use 95, if you can tell me where to find the file I can help you out.

9. SDFOX 7

SDFOX 7 Banned

I uploaded to my FTP the file "setup.bmp" that I found in my C:\WINDOWS folder. You can save to your computer by clicking the link and then right-clicking and saving to your computer.

LET ME KNOW IF IT IS THE RIGHT ONE.

http://members.aol.com/sdfox7/Setup.bmp

10. SDFOX 7

SDFOX 7 Banned

Understandably many people upgrade over time but I am a loyal Win95 holdout. I have beeen using it for the last 11 years and have no desire to change. Still using AOL 2.5 and Office 4.3 mind you! I am very busy working 14 hours a day and my only needs are email, word processing, and browsing of the internet--no YouTubing, thanks!

The only changes I've made over the years are ZoneAlarm 2.0.26 in 2000, IE 5.5 in 2001, Spybot 1.3 in 2004, Ad-Aware SE r1.06 in 2005, SpywareBlaster in 2006, and Firefox 1.5 in 2007. Operating systems tend to break when you change the system too much from what it was originally designed to handle.

I could be the last Win95 user in this forum, who knows? My computer with Win95 has run for 11 years without a hiccup or borken hardware and I have grown attached to them, LOL.

11. John Musbach

Awesome that is it, thank you very much :)

12. ~Candy~

You can mark the thread solved using the THREAD TOOLS drop down menu.

13. John Musbach

Oops, thanks for the reminder. I'll do that now :)

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice