1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can somone recommend good, inexpensive software?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by bj nick, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I used FrontPage for years. Loved the easy WSYWG aspect, HATED the unreliability.

I have Dreamweaver but haven't had time to learn it properly. I have been working with a couple of books, tutorials, etc, but I realize that it is going to be a steep curve for someone like me who isn't used to it. Nothing about it is intuitive to me; images, page design, tables, none of it...it seems like everything is laborious, has to be done by hand, and while for most of you this is probably second-nature, it's one big frustration for me.

I have to get two simple websites up in a couple of weeks and it will never happen with Dreamweaver...it takes time...can someone suggest a simple, inexpensive website creation software tool? Something like WebEasy Pro or similar? I do NOT want a free shareware thing; I want something designed for people who just want to get it done but are willing to at least spend something.

Thanks!

2. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Try Nvu.

Try some online WYSIWYG editors, like TinyMCE.

Remember to Google. :)

3. pcpro17

pcpro17

4. JRWalker

JRWalker

Also w3schools.com is a great resource to understanding scripting languages.

5. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I decided to bite the bullet and just slog through Dreamweaver....I'm making the site ultra-simple and as i improve and gain knowledge i can do more and more...the payoff in the long run is so great that it's worth the initial frustration.

thanks, everyone.

6. slipkid

slipkid

lots t choose from and bigger isnt' always better I really like Note Tab lite,Its free and very user friendly with all the tools you will need.except for FTP Its only downfall..

7. pcpro17

pcpro17

Notpad is good too! :p And, Internet Explorer has a built-in FTP client. Or, there's always net2ftp. :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice