1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can`t print from laptop to desktop printer!!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by otisphat80, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisphat80

otisphat80 Thread Starter

I have a desktop printer connected via USB to my desktop PC running 64 bit Windows Server 2008 R2 HPC. I am trying to print to it from my laptop which is running 64 bit windows 7. I have both firewalls disabled along with the router firewall (I saw on another post to do that).I have network sharing enabled on both the computers along with the printer being shared. I can print from the laptop if it is connected by usb and it will print from the desktop. So its not a driver problem. This I know but the tricky part is I just printed a page out from firefox and it printed out fine so I turned the firewalls back on and I haven't been able to print from the laptop since even if I turn the firewalls back off. It has to be connected because my little printing progress screen is coming up just like it does when its printing.What I don`t understand is it worked fine before I turned the firewalls back on now it wont work even with them off.This has been going on all day and it`s driving me nuts I won`t be able to sleep until I figure it out any help would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/994484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice