1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can this computer handle Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Geminiadam, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Geminiadam

Geminiadam Thread Starter

Hello, have a question. I have this Dell Dimention L700cx, it has a 700 megahertz Intel Celeron processor and right now 512 megabytes of RAM in it with a standard cd/rw drive, a standard floppy drive and a 10 gig hard drive. I can upgrade to a 20 gig if I have to. I named the computer Oliver, don't asked what possesed me to name it, I just like it that much, I guess. Can Oliver handle having Windows XP installed on him, or will it be slow as Christmas?

2. Hughv

Hughv

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Xp will run fine on that machine. It will take about 3 GB's for the full installation, so you may want a larger drive. I think 512 is optimal for XP and should be plenty of RAM.

4. Geminiadam

Geminiadam Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. I have to say, I love this site, it has helped me more than anything else so far.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice