Solved: Cannot change user password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

damdog10

here is my system info.
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1903 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 727 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 287535 MB, Free - 250541 MB; F: Total - 2042 MB, Free - 1964 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1413
Antivirus: System Shield, Updated and Enabled
The problem when I got to user account to change pw (I am the only on on my pc) when I go to change it the first thing happens is user account goes in to not responding then I get this message Unsupported Keyboard Layout Then it tells me on how my pw will not work on preboot security which I don't have on then it tells me to view a list of keyboard layouts it goes to not responding right away never get keyboard lay out screen. then I get password you typed does'nt meet requirements. I have know idea any info would help I know it late to noght I been on in the morning tks.

damdog10

What is "preboot security"?

It sounds like you may be infected.
Why yes I am or kind of thats why I haven't been on got this thing called XP Internet Security 2002. I put on the Surper Anti Spy Ware it kind of cleared it. Still can't change pw n now when I log in some times get error explorer appilaction Error unable to start (0x0000142) then my screen is blank. Have to go to taskmanager get on line threw there to internet reload IE then works for a day or two. Any Ideas how to get ride of this. I have IOLO System Shield for anti virus Its the system mechanic professional. Its start to make me not like it never had a problem till I bought the renewal

damdog10

I don' t have a preboot PW if this what you mean by preboot security. This xp internet security 2012 spamware spyware what ever it is got my system. still internet explorer 9 is my default. But I get hit all the time by adware Zugo N [email protected] The thing it under stand its under my guest account I dont have one but something on here keeps making one I need some help Thanks

damdog10

Well it turned out it was a HP problem the whole time they have a password manager program updated there new program problem solved

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online