Solved: Cannot connect to access point

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sherem

Scenario...have desktop connected with dsl...have router installed. Laptop pc working fine, built in network card. Have additonal desktop pc, and have just installed the linksys G adapter. Following directions to a "T". Problem..in beginning did not recognize any available networks. Then it detected one, started to connect, then failed. When go to the config. page, says cannot connect to access point. I have compared settings on both other pcs. and find nothing out of order. Is there something I am missing? I actually had laptop directly next to desktop and was recieving signal. Any suggestions? Thank you

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Start, run, type cmd and hit enter, type ipconfig /all
then hit enter.....right click to copy and come back and paste the info for both machines.

sherem

am sorry, am working right now, do not have access. will post tomorrow....but thank you for you quick response...

sherem

well, I uninstalled, physically removed the network card, ran disc, reinstalled card, and it works........geesh. Did it correctly the first time......well, obviously didn't, but don't know what I did differently, followed the same instructions. It is 94 degrees here so maybe pc doesn't like the heat any more than I do........thank you anyway........

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online