Solved: Cannot delete files ??? Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Timone

Hi,

I have xp pro sp2 with a single HD partitioned C:\ & D:\ I use D: for storing files only. I have some video files on D that i wanted to delete, but i cannot delete these files, The files were created by my VideoMate TV gold Capture card, as it lets me record tv programs just as with a VCR. These files are now occupying most of the space on my D: partition. I get msg: Cannot delete, access denied, make sure disk is not full or write protected, and that the file is not currently in use.
I can however delete other files on this drive, like mp3's and documents.:confused:

Please help,
Timone

Just the other night I had a file I could not delete. So I booted up to Safe Mode and was able to delete under that condition. You might try that to see if it works.

Timone

Thanks Lykele, that did work, but it bugs me not knowing what was holding on to them.......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online