1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot get into Firefox profile manager

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pedroguy, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pedroguy

pedroguy Thread Starter

Ok:I know that I am going to feel stupid when you answer this,but here goes:
    Running XP Home Sp2,F/F 1.5.0.4.

When I go to Start/run and type in:

"c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe" -profilemanager

or
    Start/run firefox.exe -profilemanager

Firefox logs me onto my ISP home page,just like I had clicked the Mozilla icon to log onto the internet.
    This fails the same way on my laptop running XP Home SP1,so I just know it's me,but I don't see the error.

Thanks

2. Augie65

Augie65

Check your Task Manager and make sure that Firefox is not running in the background. Try the command again.
    You might need to uninstall and reinstall Firefox from the Control Panel. Your profile folder will not be deleted.

3. pedroguy

pedroguy Thread Starter

Augie:Had to uninstall/reinstall F/F.
    Can now get to profile manager.Don't know why it would happen on 2 separate machines.The only thing I did was install F/F preloader on both.

Thanks again

4. Augie65

Augie65

Glad you got it fixed.:)
    Anytime you add an extension, theme, or extra add-ons, you might have a conflict. Doesn't mean you shouldn't, just if anything happens you need to look at what you have added.
    Note:
    If you want a shortcut to the profile manager. Go to the firefox.exe usually in: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
    Right click the file firefox.exe, and select the option Create shortcut. Right-click and rename the new shortcut Firefox Profile Manager, then right-click the shortcut again and select Properties.
    In the Shortcut tab window, place the cursor at the end of the path inside the Target box, click once (so that the path is no longer highlighted) then add a SPACE and -profilemanager to the end of the path, so it will look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -profilemanager
    Click OK to exit the Properties window. Drag the new Firefox Profile Manager shortcut to the desktop or Start Menu.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice