1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot get rid of extra large icons

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ruffmo, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ruffmo

ruffmo Thread Starter

My daughter's laptop has extra large icons that I cannot get rid of. Also, when she goes to a website, that too is also very large and will not fit on the screen. I have tried to right click and adjust the icons but that does not get them back to normal. I have checked the dpi and that is as small as can be adjusted, Any help with this will be appreciated!!

2. Dakotas9

Dakotas9

did you try holding ctrl*and then scrolling with the scrolly thingy on your mouse or touchpad

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

are the large icons on her desktop too ? try this go to start, control panel, appearance and themes, display properties, and font size. u have normal large and extra large. try normal and see if that helps.

4. ruffmo

ruffmo Thread Starter

I have the settings on normal and when i switch to larger they really get bigger!!

5. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

ruffmo, Right click your Desktop, choose Properties, under the Settings tab move the Screen Resolution slider a notch to the right, click Apply/OK.

Tufenuf

6. ruffmo

ruffmo Thread Starter

Thank you, I did that just before your post and I changed the resolution and it is back to normal. I have no idea how my daughter changed it. Thanks again

7. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

ruffmo, Glad to see that the problem is corrected. You can mark this thread as solved using the Mark Solved button at the upper left of your fist post in this thread.

Tufenuf

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/879544