1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot install Adobe Flash Player--Am I in the Correct Forum

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by manofmarin, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. manofmarin

manofmarin Thread Starter

Operating System WinXP home IE 6

I ran a Secunia system scan which advised upgrading to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player 9 and I uninstalled the existing version before installing the newest version as instructed. However Adobe will not alloiw me to download the latest version? This problem as even affected my ability to post in the forum ie asked me log in again which has never happened before.

I am not even sure if I am in the correct forum for help! Please advise!

2. idowindows

idowindows

Try updating your Java before trying to update Flash again...

3. manofmarin

Thanks for the tip, but I have just updated Jave in the last 3 days! Any other ideas and am I in the correct forum?

Thanks , Tom

4. stantley

stantley

5. manofmarin

Stantley:

Your directions worked perfectly--I have installed Adobe Flash Player 9 on my computer successfully. Thank you for your help,

Sincerely, Tom

PS: Do you have any idea why my browser will not allow me directly into the Tech Guy home page as it has always done. Since this Adobe Flash situation, the web site requires that I log in each time (and I have checked the remember me box!) before allowing me access to my posts?? Very strange, but what isn't to us non-tecky guys!!

I will mark this problem as solved as soon as I hopefully hear back from you on my PS!

6. stantley

stantley

The way I do it is I use Ccleaner to delete all cookies, temp internet files, etc. and it has an option to save certain cookies. So I run Ccleaner, go to TSG, log in and then open Ccleaner, go to Options > Cookies and put techguy.org in the Cookies to Keep column. You'll then be logged in every time you come to the site.

You can also do that for other sites that require a password. Just a word of caution, don't run the registry cleaner part of Ccleaner.

7. manofmarin

Terrific. but one question--What is TSG?

8. stantley

stantley

Tech Support Guy

9. manofmarin

Thanks Stantley for your excellent support! I really appreciated it! And yes," the tech dummy" finally figured it out!!!!!!!

Take care--talk to you again down the line.

Tom

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice