Solved: Cannot install Sims. Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

frobro

So after installing "The Sims Complete" DVD, I try to open the application and get the following error message stating, "The Sims Complete requires Read/Write access to the "User folder". It go's on to say:

..."The current user does not have Read/Write privileges. Install The Sims Complete on this user or another user with sufficient privileges."

I am the only user on this computer, the "user data" folder is read/write (I even went back and unchecked/then checked it again), and I can't figure out why this will not open.

Anyone with any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

frobro

Solved! The ole' uninstall and re-install. I guess a file wasn't copied right in the initial process.

Thanks Guys!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online