1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot install WoW

Discussion in 'Games' started by Helter23, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Helter23

Helter23 Thread Starter

I reformatted my hard drive and am now trying to re-install world of warcraft but whenever i try and install it i get the following error...

The file "D:\Installer Tome 3.mpq" could not be opened, because an error -2062548861 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (OpenArchive::Execute)

I tried copying the files onto my hard drive but no dice. I dont think its the CD because other people have had this problem and tried different CD's with no luck. The only thing is no one has posted a fix to this error in any of the forums, so i was wondering if anyone knew what to do? Thanks!!!

2. OptimussPrime

OptimussPrime

I know that when i had switched to vista i had to run the installer as an administrator. Just right click and give that a shot. I have to clue if its not for vista.

3. Helter23

Helter23 Thread Starter

I am running XP and i am an administrator already...any other ideas?

4. OptimussPrime

OptimussPrime

well my only other idea is to actually use the support and email them. Thats how i fixed mine on xp.

5. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

....... and?
    Marked solved but still no fix?

Edit; From what I read it's bad discs. Changing your CD/DVD drive has helped a few people. As not all drives read the same. :rolleyes:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/627825