Solved: Cannot logon to XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ryantx34

Hello this is my first post so bare with me,

I installed a third party software "logon loader" to change my logon picture.
Well after i changed it and rebooted my laptop it brought me as far as the logon screen but all that is there is a small window from logon loader that says i didn't select anything. So i am unable to logon. I have tried booting in safemode with and without cmd promt and it does the same thing. No keystrokes work here either, ie ctrl+alt+del, Is there any way to bypass my logon all together so i can uninstall this program?

Thanks,

Looks like a repair installation time.

Sometimes, these logon tweakers add an entry to the boot.ini so you may be able to fix it by editing that.

Do you have a floppy drive?

Try booting with your XP CD in the drive, but do not press any key when it tells you to press any key to boot from CD.

If that doesn't work, burn this iso to CD and try booting with that. It contains an alternative boot.ini and may get you in:

XP Sysboot CD Image

How To Write ISO Files To CD

Free ISO burning apps:

Standalone ISO Burner (Be sure to check the "Finalize" box.)
[email protected] ISO Burner
EasyISO
BurnISO
ISOBurn
ISO Recorder for XP (Uses XP's burner and adds context menu - Vista version also available.)

What was the specific program you used? Maybe we can figure out what changes it made.

ryantx34

I was using the program called "logon loader" v 3.0 i think. I tried booting with the cd in drive and that didn't work but.... I did a repair reinstall and that did the trick.

Why did i use a third party software? well im not a programmer and i sure dont consider myself a professional with computers so i didn't know that there was something you could do inside of windows to change that. (besides messing with the registry, and i try to stay away from that)

Thanks for the help Elvandil!

You're welcome.

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the Thread Tools above.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online