1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: cannot open hotmail emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by LeanneO, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LeanneO

LeanneO Thread Starter

Hi,

I cannot open my emails (i get a message 'javascript' followed by 'error on page') - this may be a silly question as I don't know much at all about computers, but would it be worth downloading chrome or firefox and if so how would this help??

Hope someone can help

Thanks
    Leanne :confused:

2. Duckman69

Duckman69

I am not 100% but I think you probably have to enable Javascript through your IE options. This site may help you solve the issue & I hope it does, if not let me know ill try to help, also if you downloaded firefox yes the issue would I believe be fixed when you try to view your mail through there client because it by default has those settings.

http://gsaauctions.gov/brow_details/IE6instr.htm

3. LeanneO

LeanneO Thread Starter

Hi again,

I'm pretty sure my 'java' is enabled in IE, but it doesn't make any difference. Is there a particular site to safely download firefox - I tried earlier and it stopped, with a message 'corrupt file'

Thanks again
    Leanne

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  5. LeanneO

LeanneO Thread Starter

(y)Hi,
    I installed firefox which got my hotmail working, but then noticed I was having trouble with another program.
    So I have reset my internet explorer as suggested and so far so good!

Thanks for your help everybody
    Leanne:)

6. Duckman69

Duckman69

Glad things worked out for you in the end I learned a little something myself :) didnt know that reset would have been a fix makes sense though I suppose, I just never user IE... Thx for that bit of knowledge TerryNet, didnt know that...

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're both welcome. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/907064

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice