1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot Open Mozilla Firefox 3

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Galleherjazz, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galleherjazz

Galleherjazz Thread Starter

I recently had a spyware attack and was able, I think, to remove most of the nasties with my trusty antispyware programs in safe mode.

However, I cannot open Mozilla Firefox 3. When I click on it, it opens and begins to load, then closes again. I have a Dell XPS Vista PC (new).

I tried opening it as administrator, and the same thing happens. It comes up briefly, starts loading, then suddenly closes completely.

Can someone help me. I love the new Firefox. Luckily my IE opens okay.

Steve

2. Galleherjazz

Galleherjazz Thread Starter

I did a thorough search of the data base at the Mozilla Firefox website. Among the suggestions to remedy crashes was to uninstall the installation directory and reinstall. I did this, and voila, it now works perfectly.

This does not amount to a complete reinstall. DO NOT uninstall through ADD/REMOVE. So I was able to retain most of my add-ons and toolbars.

I consider this issue solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/726974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice